Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome to Marvel vs DC: Crossover Craziness.

Well, here I go again. Welcome to my third (and probably last) blog. Yes, I know I said the same thing when I started my second blog, Captain Carrot's Burrow, but I'm pretty sure I mean it this time. (Although, I'm pretty sure there's an Ultraverse blog hidden deep down inside me somewhere. Hmmmm...I wonder.)

So what's this blog going to be all about, as if you couldn't guess from its title? I'm hoping to, time permitting, go through every single crossover Marvel and DC have ever had, from 1976's Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man all the way up to 2003s JLA/Avengers. Fans of my other blogs will realize that I'm sometimes slow to update, but I try to post at least once a month, so keep your fingers crossed.

So what books will I be covering first? My plan, unless somebody stops me, is to cover the crossover books in the order in which they were published, which means I will be starting with these two books:



Remember those? I barely do, but I'm sure going to have fun re-reading them for this blog. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I get to tear through X-Men/Teen Titans, Marvel vs. DC, all the Amalgam stuff, and lots more. Should be fun.

And I'm asking for your help. You see, I don't want to just cover all the big, obvious crossovers. I want the little stuff, too. You know, like Clark Kent and Lois Lane appearing discreetly in a crowd shot somewhere in a Marvel book, or Peter Parker doing the same in a DC book. If you know of any of these, let me know, and I'll post 'er up.

A HUGE thanks once again to Keith Howell for designing me another fantastic banner for this blog. In case you didn't know, he did the one over on Captain Carrot's Burrow for me, as well. I really appreciate it. (Note: Click on his name and you'll head on over to Keith's website. Check it out!)

That's it for now. Keep your eyes open. I hope to have something else up pretty damn soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Big fan of Amalgam comics (I've written about them enough, though not lately), and crossover stories are always a nice curiosity to me. I'll be following the blog for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you have anything to add, hit me up!

    ReplyDelete